Wednesday 10 September 2014

Five Reasons Not to Buy Android Wear Smartwatch this Year

Android Wear
From the day I won my first Android smartphone, fell in love with everything in it. It was the first smart device I bought, but the configuration, freedom, affinity with Linux and the limitless possibilities offered was exactly what I was looking for. Since all communications in Google's Android to look forward and Wear rumors first Android SmartWatch made ​​my imagination run. 

Apparently, however, what I had in my mind is far from the one created by Google and thus refrain from buying an Android device wear at least for this year. Not that I'm worried about the quality of the raw devices, early adopter like myself who say the Americans, but what worries me is the use of a gadget and whether to serve in my daily life. The main reasons therefore improved by my thinking is: 

It's just a Google Now SmartWatch 
Android watches wear well be called "Google Now SmartWatch 'that's because its main function is to display our applications we have in our cards and mobile information Google Now. Of course more and more developers to create applications for Android clothing slowly, but they can get, and a time to be "improved" the logic of the platform, which means that next year we will have a new device. 

No Greek not proceed 
Since we got unfinished features, the biggest disadvantage of Android wear in my opinion are the languages​​. See all the videos where people use Internet with voice instructions in ... English. Correctly, then, is a device to be used without using both our hands, without the Greek language but how to exploit features and reduced? 

The addition of the Greek language, which by the way according to the rumors that we will be added in 2015, just change the way you see the wear on Android, but also the way we use our smartphone Android. Until then, though ... patience! 

Autonomy is laughable 
Thus we come to the problem that affects everyone gadget, which is none other than autonomy. Since I can remember the first mobile phones Battery technology lithium ion (and some more nickel - cadmium). This action was more than enough for the phones of the time, they do not have connectivity Bluetooth and infrared and color screens five inches. 

Today's manufacturers choose to grow the size of the device, increasing battery respectively, in trying to convince us that one day is enough for use before reloading. The same however can not be done with SmartWatch, first because it has to be necessarily small size and lightweight, and secondly because the wear and made to remove them from time to time by hand to the office. The problem is that if you have a day loaded and sufficient use our device, you may leave us in the middle, which is unacceptable for any gadget. 

I think the category is SmartWatch will force companies to look up the issue of the battery, but it is still too early to talk about it. 

Prices are high 
For each new product for SmartWatch is now up to them, and have higher prices. I remember my first Android (HTC Hero) I would buy € 550 with features that are now considered ridiculous. It's 100% reasonable to be high when you do not know a technology operating prices, but this is not true SmartWatch is so small smartphone with "petsokommeno" Android. The processor, RAM, display technology and other components that make up the first SmartWatch are the same as those observed for many years in our mobile. It is not something new for the company, and therefore the risk is not great to justify the high prices. 

Nor should we forget that we are talking about an accessory and not a stand-alone device and is very stupid to have a decent smartphone to 180 € (Moto G) and the accessories that come with an unfinished 300 € (LG Clock T R). Personally I think the most expensive SmartWatch what we have seen to date should be available at 150 €, while probably my market will do when I will be what I'm asking about 100 €. 

The wear is another concept Android 
The most important of all, however, I think the Android Wear something unfinished. The Google has just launched the idea of waiting for manufacturers and independent developers to complement it. So did the older Android, but the original image was wider than the wear, which will undoubtedly change in the future, but still do not know how. 

Today SmartWatch So as I've seen so far is identical in features and functions, with the exception gear with Tizen OS Samsung and I think still worth investing in them. I am not opposed to SmartWatch in general, and the proof is that I have already purchased one (which will soon be under review), but I can not find utility in Greek Wear for Android users, as our gifts to Google.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We are eager to see your comment. All comments will moderate by the hand of man, and all links are nofollow.